View Single Post
      07-13-2023, 05:00 AM   #27
Chris13002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpin View Post
Was this a BMWCCA HPDE track instructor or a BMW Performance Center instructor? I was a BMWCCA HPDE instructor and we are all volunteers. This was specifically with the National Capital Chapter, which I am assuming is your local chapter based on your location. First I'll say that you won't find a better organization to do a track event with. They run a top notch program and I cannot recommend their events enough. They are really focused on safety and developing skills. I been to events with many groups (both as a participant and instructor) and they are by far the best I've ever worked with.

As great as the group is, none of us are BMW employees. We are members of a non-profit organization (BMWCCA). We do not have any inside information from BMW. None of us get any training or information on BMW warranties or what voids them. We also do not get any training on iDrive versions or how BMW detects tunes, etc. Everything we get is from within the club itself and it's all 100% focused on safety and teaching students to be good drivers. The events are not limited to BMWs; you can bring any car. The club and the events are all about driving, not about the inner workings of BMWNA and warranties.

Not saying the information you were given was incorrect; I'm just saying that being a BMWCCA instructor doesn't necessarily mean you are more knowledgeable about warranties.

Side note, the only reason I don't instruct with them anymore is because I relocated to FL. Otherwise I would still be at every event they do. You can find me at Sebring with Chin Motorsports these days.
It sounds like he was a BMW Performance Center instructor. He had a BMW employee outfit and said he works at the BMW dealer (BMW Fairfax) for 1 day a week.
Appreciate 0