Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAustin
That's an awesome writeup.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAustin
What's your impression about the SG color?
Thanks
I thought the SG was very nice.

I am biased towards TiAg myself, however, for practical reasons. I live in the Detroit area. The weather is lousy. During the winter, we can go for a week on end with snow coming in every day. Of course, that means salt, sand, dirt, grime, etc. will get on my car every day. Silver just stays looking relatively clean throughout the winter. Not like black or some other dark color. You drive it a day, and it looks brown instead of black. That's just the reality of where I live. Some think the beauty of black is worth it. Well, not for me.

Of course, silver hides the micro-marring of swirl marks. Dark colors are notorious for swirl marks. I can't stand swirl marks. :mad: I just don't have it in me (nor do I have a garage in which I can get obsessive with detailing with claying, swirl mark remover, Zaino, etc.) to deal with taking care of a dark-colored car. So...I personally have to go with light colors. I need a low-maintenance color.

However, SG is very nice. If one is willing to take care of a dark color, it's great. I think it'll show swirl marks big-time. If I get the car washed or wash it myself during the winter, well, it'll look dirty the next day. But...if you take good care of it, it will be gorgeous. Same thing with Jet Black. It's gorgeous, but I'll bet it's a bitch to maintain. SG is almost nice enough to get me to re-think my bias towards silver cars. But...only "almost."

Like people say, it seems to show shades of other colors. I think that's cool. The gray just seems different depending on changes in the lighting. It's cool, but, like I said, I'm biased towards TiAg.
Appreciate 0