Norway
Rep
Drives: 745le xdrive 2020, i3 2020

Garage List
2020 745le  [0.00]
2012 640i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
There are few diesel cars available in the USA...hopefully, BMW will expand their offerings soon (looking for some info at the Detroit International show in Jan for some good news). Question: how is the diesel GT when starting when it is extremely cold? Have you had any problems with the battery if you do short trips during the winter? With the way the battery is recharged, and the initial current required to start a diesel, wondering if maybe a trickle charger is a good idea if you do a lot of short trips to ensure it it topped off. Anyone heard what is the minimum time it needs to restore the battery? My problem is it is barely a mile to most places...three is longer. I may not make a longer trip except for maybe one or twice a week since I'm retired, and most everything is either within walking distance, or a short drive.
hey, my GT are almost a yeare old now, And I have never had any problem starting engine or battery, And I use the car mostly in short distace. Here in Norway is it cold climate offen -10 to -30 celsius, and I have never heard bmw diesel have problems starting when it is extremly cold. This GT are my 5th. bmw diesel and i have never had any problems in cold climat. In Norway are the 75% diesel cars. But I know that diesle cars have stronger gennerater and bettery. Picture are my wife and me on bmw winter driving cours.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0