View Single Post
      10-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
nwshore
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Just got back from my local dealership. I signed the paperwork for my new 2014 X5 xDrive 35i and traded in my 2009 335i coupe. I'm scheduled for Performance Center Delivery on 11/5, just 10 days from now.

My timeline: July 2013: Test drove the E70 X5 in 35d and 35i versions back-to-back to determine which F15 I would order for Performance Center Delivery. I preferred the 35i.
Late August 2013: Got the call from my CA telling my they just got configurable allocations for the 35i models. I sent him color preferences and options and we were expecting October production.
September 13, 2013: My car went into production earlier than expected. According to my CA, "everything got pushed up". Car was completed about a week later. I wanted to schedule PCD but we were told that all 2014 X5s were on hold and no deliveries could be made until the hold was removed.
October 9, 2013: Got the call from my CA that he was now able to schedule PCD. He was given a date of 10/29, but we were able to change to my preferred date of 11/5.
October 26, 2013: Finalized the paperwork for the X5 and traded in my 335i coupe.
November 5, 2013: The wife and I pick up the car at the Performance Center! Pictures and writeup to follow.

Here's what we will be getting:

2014 X5 XDrive 35i xLine
Mineral White
Mocha Nappa Interior design Package
Poplar Trim
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Driver Assistance Plus Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Package
Space Saver Spare
Ceramic Controls
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System

I'm working out some plans for the drive back to Minnesota. I'm open to any suggestions!
Congratulation! AEC, i'm also from MN, do you mind share what kind of deal you got? and which dealer? PM me if you want.
Appreciate 0