06-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #14
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I have no idea what you're trying to say man. What was the point of that little rant?
BrokenVert: "Lets just say that it isnt what you would expect from a green and electric car."

Efthreeoh: "There is no such thing as "Green"; it's just a made up term to make people feel better because someone (the same people who coined the concept of "Green") has convinced them that they should feel guilty for being alive and impacting the planet."

Efthreeoh: "Seriously, what did you expect from a vehicle that has an engine in it?"

I'm tired of people using the term "Green" and think they can save the planet by buying a car. It allows politicians to think they have the power to pass laws that will save the planet. Laws that dictate 54 MPG cars by 2025. So we end up with 3-cylinder turbo engines and 15-speed automatics (or worst CVTs) on the way to 2025, and people like me who actually enjoy driving can't find a decent car to replace their E90 and expect to get 250,000 miles out of it without a major repair. And if EVERYONE drove their car to 250,000 miles, wouldn't that actually be better for the planet because as a society we will produce less cars and dig less stuff out of the ground to make them. Maybe we should pass a law that mandates people should be required to drive their cars to a minimum of 250,000 miles.

That's the point.
Appreciate 0