11-15-2022, 04:19 PM   #184
Albator_IIII
Retired Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6MT Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Because there have been many interviews with BMW M where they want to rollout more models in the M lineup. It's not a stretch to conclude they need to come out with new variants quickly to capitalize on them.

These are all potential variants in the lifecyle of every M car including the G87.

M# > M#C > M#CS > M#CSL > M# GTS > M# ?

Just look at the M3/4 for instance. The base M3/4 and M3/4C came out at the same time. Then a year later they offered the M3/4C xDrive, then the M4 CSL came out. Today we got news of yet another M3 model coming out, possibly a CS. And don't forget the limited run 3.0 CSL which is based off the M4 that will be out later. And don't believe for a second that's all, there will be many more variants to come.
That might bump me up the build list as the wealthier folks ahead of me might want to wait for a higher tier variant.

If BMW continue to not offer the MT on those variants and possible base M2 post LCI, I am not interested.

2023 G87 ///M2 (production began Jul 4th 2023)
2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | 6MT | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
Appreciate 0