View Single Post
      01-11-2023, 10:44 PM   #193
Mishta.Silva
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
There will for sure be an M2C and IMO there's no way it doesn't debut before the LCI model.
Could just be dealer bull#!?% - but I walked into the flagship dealer for NSW here in AU to test drive a car (not the M2) they didn’t have at my dealer… was up front about already having placed an order for the G87 M2… and during my chat with them, the guy told me according to BMW they don’t plan on doing a competition version of the G87.

Reason I mentioned that he knew my order was with another dealer is to demonstrate he wasn’t trying to get me to buy it, he had nothing to gain by telling me that…

This is what headoffice in Melbourne told him.

True or not, I don’t know - but this car isn’t far off the base M3 and rivals with the previous M2 CS, a competition version with mad power gains would probably make higher M car owners pretty angry - BMW are also committed to going hybrid and electric… it would make sense IMO that they wouldn’t be spending too much more effort on a competition model, so to keep us happy and make some money they make one last fully petrol M2 and use a whole lot of M3/4 parts…
Appreciate 0