View Single Post
      01-12-2024, 12:09 PM   #12
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_675 View Post
It's fun your link talks about volume and temps. It acknowledgeds exact what I said about cone filters and also acknowledges that higher inlet temps are typically more harmful than the increase in air. What's your point. This link literally explains what I just explained with every other variable. You simply said that the larger intake itself (airflow) was the cause. Airflow is not the cause of the increase and the tube size is irrelevant and it is clearly explained in your link. The cause of the gain is a drop in inlet temps.

I'm correcting an incorrect explanation of how things work. I'm not arguing with you.

From your source

As I said the larger filter reduces the drop in pressure between the outside air and inside air. Odd your link agrees with me.

The company directly relates their increase in power to, wait for it, temperature drop over stock. Which is not airflow it's designed to pull cooler air and in their link they admit they use the same materials.

Edit: what they call the 'turbo inlet' is not the turbo inlet. The actual turbo inlet is metal and can't be changed.

The link is not "my source" but Eventuri who partnered with Akrapovic on their intake.

Blah blah blah...you talk a good story. Keep thinking what you want. I have seen it with dyno results (but I guess you will say that is wrong as well). Good day...
Appreciate 0