View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Sounds less scientific than me taking a video of my speedometer and going back and using a stop watch to calculate while watching the video on my pc.

Vbox data is probably the only reliable way. Not sure how well any of our trigger fingers are calibrated when we're dealing with tenths of seconds, nor am I sure how well a phone can judge speed and when acceleration begins.

But to get a rough number, I'm sure any of these methods would work decently. I think I got anywhere from 4.6-4.9 with JB4 Stage 1 doing the video review method. I probably need to learn to launch better. Traction control kicking in kills your time a lot.
I have x drive so I just take off, no wheel spin. Agreed nothing scientific with my methods but it helps to get things going and have people challenge the results. That way we will eventually end up in a position where we have some sort of general consensus.

The video method is the next best thing. I think that's what I am going to try and at least it provides evidence that everyone can verify.

However there is no doubt in my mind that 0-60 is under 5s for the x-drive, without even breaking a sweat.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages

Last edited by 300hp; 05-07-2013 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0