View Single Post
      05-04-2023, 11:07 AM   #5
donnyfontaine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsmj View Post
I agree this video was done very well. What I don’t understand about a lot of these videos is they judge the car based on track performance when 99% of people buying this car don’t care about that. If you are reviewing the full on M car, I get that. But the target audience for an “M Lite” car is as a daily driver. That is precisely why I got the M240 over the M2, I wanted a car that would be the best daily, not the best balls to the wall performance. Despite that a lot of reviews miss the boat on this.
lol always interesting remembering that the average customer is not on forums. for a lot of cars i liked, many negative reviews or mentions said "it doesn't have a stick" or "theres no RWD version" depending on the car. well, for me personally, those are 2 requirements - AWD and automatic. i do appreciate enthusiasts for feeling so strongly about something, but at times, it would be great if they could delineate between "enthusiast needs" (<5% of people) and "consumer needs" (95% of people)

it's funny, when the M2 dropped I was like "that's sick I kind of want it!!" then looking at it for how i'd use it.... makes no sense. even if i was given an M2, i'd sell it, go buy my exact '22 240i and then put the rest of the money into kitchen upgrades
Appreciate 3