View Single Post
      05-15-2023, 12:36 PM   #8
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Generrally a detailed, good review. But I’m sorry, I’ve lived with my M3CX for 4 months now, and you don’t get used to the new infotainment. It’s terrible. M1/M2 delay if you have MDM selected is atrocious. Screens for climate control and heated/cooled seats are atrocious. Every time you want the sport display you have to turn it on, it can’t be included in an M1/M2 configuration.

When you park the car and you had the heated seat/wheel on but also the air on…it brings the wheel back but not the seat. If you start the car in the cold and don’t use the auto climate settings (becuase they are no good if you want direct heat and not hot air in your face), the heated wheel comes on every time but not the seats…ever. The heated seats don’t get as hot as they used to. They can be coded to be hotter but that’s a pain. On the plus side, that little hot/cold hvac dial is buried in digital form in the hvac settings, but it’s a pain to find it.

If an apple CarPlay message comes up and you inadvertently acknowledge it and then press media to go back to the preset menu, it takes you to the iPhone media. If you’re low on fuel the stupid CarPlay also gives you a reminder. It would be nice if there were some feature that blocked all CarPlay unless you enter it. Perhaps I’m alone in only wanting to use CarPlay for the phone.

There is no permanent odometer. If you push the BC button to cycle through that information, it stays up, and whatever you had in that spot (tire pressures, drive modes, navigation, media, etc.) needs to be deactivated not by cycling through BC, but by clicking the list button in the wheel and then scrolling through the options to get you back where you were and then selecting. The little scroll button is way too sensitive and doesn’t have enough resistance.

Best of all, I’ve been to many BMW track/driving courses and I sit where you’re taught to. In this position, I find I am sitting almost on top of the giant screen and looking down on it. And, the steering wheel blocks sone portions of the screen.

The car is generally phenomenal, but the whole driver interface is absolutely terrible.
Appreciate 12
Swappy531.50
KevinC3097.00
mathys202.50
LCDRJohn607.50
ASAP10148.50
JustinHEMI7442.00
wavyyyy1045.50
zero213252.00
The_Werm212.00
CamasM3e933147.50