View Single Post
      05-15-2023, 01:24 PM   #9
Sparapet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugly M3 View Post
Generrally a detailed, good review. But I’m sorry, I’ve lived with my M3CX for 4 months now, and you don’t get used to the new infotainment. It’s terrible. M1/M2 delay if you have MDM selected is atrocious. Screens for climate control and heated/cooled seats are atrocious. Every time you want the sport display you have to turn it on, it can’t be included in an M1/M2 configuration.

When you park the car and you had the heated seat/wheel on but also the air on…it brings the wheel back but not the seat. If you start the car in the cold and don’t use the auto climate settings (becuase they are no good if you want direct heat and not hot air in your face), the heated wheel comes on every time but not the seats…ever. The heated seats don’t get as hot as they used to. They can be coded to be hotter but that’s a pain. On the plus side, that little hot/cold hvac dial is buried in digital form in the hvac settings, but it’s a pain to find it.

If an apple CarPlay message comes up and you inadvertently acknowledge it and then press media to go back to the preset menu, it takes you to the iPhone media. If you’re low on fuel the stupid CarPlay also gives you a reminder. It would be nice if there were some feature that blocked all CarPlay unless you enter it. Perhaps I’m alone in only wanting to use CarPlay for the phone.

There is no permanent odometer. If you push the BC button to cycle through that information, it stays up, and whatever you had in that spot (tire pressures, drive modes, navigation, media, etc.) needs to be deactivated not by cycling through BC, but by [...]
Hu. Talk about having subjective experiences. My take on iD8 and hvac is nearly polar opposite to yours. I had a 22 M3 and now have a 23, so I can easily compare the two experiences. Driving position wise i find both to be damn near ideal. I’ve also taken the entire series of BMW schools all the way theu race school, and find the driving position doesn’t affect gauge reading at all. Also tracked my M3 last weekend and didn’t find it problematic at all. Honestly my only nuissance item is the window rolling up under hard braking. A safety feature that is a legit liability on a track.
I am a fan if ID8. I like the layouts, graphics, and options for widgets. I only use carplay for nav sometimes. Otherwise stay on the native display. But hey, that’s why they call it subjective taste.
Appreciate 6
mathys202.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
eddj464.50
cmgbk752631.50