View Single Post
      05-15-2023, 02:17 PM   #10
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparapet View Post
Hu. Talk about having subjective experiences. My take on iD8 and hvac is nearly polar opposite to yours. I had a 22 M3 and now have a 23, so I can easily compare the two experiences. Driving position wise i find both to be damn near ideal. I’ve also taken the entire series of BMW schools all the way theu race school, and find the driving position doesn’t affect gauge reading at all. Also tracked my M3 last weekend and didn’t find it problematic at all. Honestly my only nuissance item is the window rolling up under hard braking. A safety feature that is a legit liability on a track.
I am a fan if ID8. I like the layouts, graphics, and options for widgets. I only use carplay for nav sometimes. Otherwise stay on the native display. But hey, that’s why they call it subjective taste.
That's interesting, because I only noticed my issues with screen placement after a week in Sweden with an M4 having the old variant. I prefer the font/styling of the new iDrive, I just don't like placement of it and some of the functionality. I only use the native screen as well. I don't much use navigation, but if/when I do, I use the native screen. My issue with CarPlay is that it pops up messages and then you can get stuck in a CarPlay spiral....either it doesn't go back to the native audio, or worse you don't want to listen to it read the texts and you end up screaming at it until it finishes the text.

One more thing, the little trackpad where you draw letters on, or the dial a letter function, doesn't work whilst in motion like it used to...and to a direct quote when I first discovered this new limitation, the iDrive doesn't know where "U.S. Bank Tustin, asshole," is. You then have to calm down and be patient with the stupid thing. I'm far less distracted if I'm able to just dial in the location myself.

Last edited by Fugly M3; 05-15-2023 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 2
F32Fleet3570.00
Jimjamz4581.50