View Single Post
      05-15-2023, 05:01 PM   #15
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by humisfum View Post
Honestly I share most your opinions on this and oof you gave another finding I also hate.. the HUDs just don’t get bright enough either imo.

Hope you forget about all these minor issues every time you step on the gas tho! We gotta be thankful this isn’t a 4 cylinder.
It's fantastic overall, and especially good on long road trips once everything is dialed in. It's just a pain in the @$$ around town, where Remote start is amazing...but then you have to get in and press the start button - why can't it just sense the key? In my Land Rover you just get in and touch the brake and it goes live.

Then, I want to be in loud and sporty M1/M2 mode all the time and I have to press wait press, then fiddle with the screen for climate stuff, then press the m mode button for the dash and HUD, and then turn the iDrive and press on that...oh and if I did anything in the iDrive screen when in reverse, then the camera goes away and doesn't come back on unless I press that button. Add to that the buttons on the constantly smudged contemplate don't always recognize the press.

It's just all these little things that add up to 30 seconds of my life lost every time I start the car as they aren't easily done whilst backing out the drive...they were all done that way before, when I had one hand on the wheel and two feet feathering pedals. I just feel like all the tech is a move backwards in terms of making life easier. It's not supposed to be that way.
Appreciate 3