View Single Post
      10-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
chompino
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
So I finally got my front brakes installed this week and I am very happy with the outcome. Thanks to the guys at AutoTalent for the smooth install. I think they look great on the car, especially with the contrast with my black wheels. As for the brake feel, I still have the initial “amplification” that Badfish referred to in his review, but that may be due to the fact that I still have the stock rear brakes (for now). The pedal feel and everything feels about the same. I’ll update as I get some more driving time with them, since I was

As for some more details, this is the 6 Piston Racing Caliper Kit. The rotors are 15” slotted discs. It was pointed out that these brakes are more of a racing application and weren’t really made for street, so we’ll see how they hold up in time compared to Brembo and other brakes. The pricing should be somewhat comparable to the brembo kit. I also remembered to weigh everything and the results are in the table shown below. I just added my weights to the ones given by badfish, OCkid, and pencil geeks in this thread (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150944). I’ll try and update this again when I get the rears.

OEM Front Rotor ____Brembo ______StopTech_____EuroMevius
22.7 Lbs ___________24.8 Lbs ____22.01 Lbs_____23.0 Lbs

OEM Front Calipers _Brembo ______StopTech______EuroMevius
14.5 Lbs ___________13.0 Lbs ____13.11 Lbs_____12.5 Lbs

OEM Rear Rotor _____Brembo ______StopTech
19.7 Lbs ___________17.0 Lbs ____19.33 Lbs

OEM Rear Calipers __Brembo ______StopTech
11 Lbs ___________9.6 Lbs _____11.145 Lbs

OEM Weight Front ___Brembo ______StopTech_____EuroMevius
37.2 Lbs ___________37.8 Lbs ____35.12 Lbs______35.5 Lbs

OEM Weight Rear ____Brembo ______StopTech
30.7 Lbs ___________26.6 Lbs ____30.475 Lbs

OEM Total Weight ___Brembo ______StopTech
67.9 Lbs ___________64.4 Lbs ____65.595 Lbs

I only had time to take a couple of pictures, but I’m planning on doing a proper photoshoot soon. My car will also be at the Thousand Oaks meet tonight if anybody is interested in seeing them in person.
Attached Images

Last edited by chompino; 10-23-2008 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 0