08-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #18
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
^ My understanding of the process too. But your dealer should explain the process to you. Do you think your dealer is using his allocations for bigger ticket sales than yours? You could ask him that point-blank. Why not call another dealer and at least ask it the had an allocation available if you were to buy a car today? That would give you some idea if sales were outrunning allocations in your area.
In talks with the other dealership (I have an acquaintance that works as a CA there so I trust his word), the only reason he can think of for them stalling like this is that they're hedging on the conquest rebate coming back, and also hoping I won't know about it so that they can claim it for themselves, and that's how they're justifying the deal they gave me.

I don't know if that's actually the case, but with everything else that's gone on with this dealership, lying to me and feeding me BS every step of the way, I wouldn't be surprised.

I should have walked away when the first red flag went up - After they agreed to my price, I asked for a detailed breakdown including monthly payment amount, MF etc. They came back with a monthly payment figure roughly $80/month higher than what I calculated. When I told them it looks off, they accused me of missing something in my calculation (I was using the leasehackr calculator). I told them they need to double check on theirs. They then come back and claim that they "forgot to hit enter" in their system.

This dealership has been nothing but shady, with questionable ethics.
Appreciate 0