Thread: Tuning thread!
View Single Post
      05-20-2022, 12:28 PM   #15
square
Rep
Drives: M3/M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo741 View Post
In this same thread they state they can modify locked ECUs.... Haven't seen anyone tuned by them yet.

The onus of proof would be on the dealership to PROVE you modified your vehicle in some way and it caused a failure if they deny a warranty claim. Piggyback tuners trick the vehicle into raising boost, then the ECU compensates by adding fuel. Whos to say there your car didnt have some type of EWG issue that caused mechanical overboost?

If you have a piggyback and blew up your engine would the dealership deny your claim? Maybe, maybe not. Would that denial hold up in court? I dont know. again, proof is on them. Would you be committing perjury if you said under oath you didnt mod the car? Yes lol.

My advice would be, if youre that worried about a warranty, dont mod anything ever, but lets be honest, these cars handle mods very well and THOUSANDS of people run them with no issues. If youre trying to break records and pushing it to the limit, its likely only a matter of time until it blows.

***BACK ON TOPIC***

I had a JB4 and AA catted DP on my G42 and it responded very well and was a blast. Ran a 3.18 0-60 and 11.35@120 1/4 mile on all seasons. Highly recommend. I liked the G42 so much I bought its big brother.
Hence why I was asking. I’m not entirely sure I believe/agree with everything I’ve read from a few sources.
Appreciate 0