View Single Post
      02-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araemo View Post
Thank you for the info, more options is a good thing.

When I realized the M3/M4 used the same pad shape, I started reading the M3/M4 forum, and the consensus there seems to be that the stock M3/M4 pads aren't cut out for the track (and I'd assume the M Sport pads are a step down too?). It's nice to know that in a pinch the stock pads should be 'ok', but I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to brakes, so I probably will still get pads and higher temp fluid before the event.

And as I noted above, Pagid recommends not using their pads without slotted/drilled/dimpled rotors, which changes the budget for the brake upgrade considerably, so I don't think I'm going to go that route.
Where?

http://www.pagidracing.com/informati...formation.html

Quote:
PAGID Racing brake pads can be used on solid, grooved or cross-drilled discs. If possible, pads should be bedded on discs which were used previously with the same friction material. However, disc friction faces should be free of grooves. If bedding new pads on new discs, focus on disc bedding first. For disc bedding please refer to the disc manufacturers own instructions.

Disc life is improved by allowing the disc to cool to ambient temperature post-bedding.
Appreciate 0