View Single Post
      06-14-2023, 11:32 PM   #1
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

My owner's gripes after 4K miles.

As you've seen from my posts, I've been running my car hard the last 4K miles. I made a thread about my initial impressions at 1200 miles, so I thought I would toss up my gripes as well.

These are really nit picky, and, probably nothing new. A lot of us share the same gripes.

1) I cannot believe I can't connect the "sport" display to the M buttons. BIG FUCKIN MISS BMW. I hope you're watching/reading, and can push and over the air update to fix this mistake.

2) Apparently you cannot disable certain driver assistance functions without setting up a profile both in the car and the app. I haven't done the app yet but another member reports this works. Case in point, I don't need my car to remind me to take a brake, yet I cannot permanently disable this alert without setting up these profiles.

3) There is an overall ID8 lag. Nothing drastic, again, this is nit picky. However, for example, when I'm listening to my preset stations, if I press the scroll wheel to bring up the list to change stations, it takes a two count to come up. Again, nit picky. Definitely first world problem. This one or two count lag is experienced by me throughout the system, including when speaking commands to the car.

4) Android Auto randomly disconnects and reconnects. This has happened only a handful of times, and I'm not sure who is the blame..., ID8 or AA, but about 5-6 times now, it just disconnects itself. Fortunately, it reconnects.

5) I still don't know what that stupid exhaust button does, and I see we're still debating it on the forum. It should be simply exhaust valves open, or exhaust valves close. Come on BMW.

6) Why am I limited to two gauge displays? Why aren't there multiple factory gauge set ups, or, better yet, why can't I customize my own?

7) The sport seats aren't that comfortable. I finally did find a reasonably comfortable position (doesn't hurt lower back or neck) following the BMW driver school advice, but I have to stop every hour or two to stretch. That's just me though, of course. The seats aren't all that comfortable for a long drive. Short sprints, and up to an hour or two, yes, they're great. That said, I'm not sure any car is that comfortable after sitting for a couple hours. Again, nit picky.

8) I have discovered that regardless of how well you wash/dry the car, black streaks will emanate from the rocker panel body panels. Probably due to brake dust getting in there and then running out after a wash.

9) Another member posted a discernable difference between "comfort" and "sport" brakes, but I can't tell the difference. I just leave it in comfort.

10) The owners manual shows a left knee cubby, but my car doesn't have a left knee cubby. WTF!?

11) I can't NOT rub my leg on the rocker panel body kit when getting in. Thank goodness it's PPF'ed.

That's it, I think. I reserve the right to bitch as I put miles on her.

A bonus PLUS: I love the fact that they included a high powered USB-C port in the center console. Charges my phone fast.

What are your grips?

PS: Note, none of my gripes are about the performance. I am tickled pink with the performance.
Squidget3535.00
aerobod3709.00
ronin130131002.00
uk0168573.50
Hypori142.00
xraymd308.50
LCDRJohn607.50
Swish77380.00
Tenac4575.50
KO768.00