serieD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlevrone View Post
Hello,

The engine was a bit of a disappointment to be, and I am being honest here. It does not feel very powerful, at least after 5000RPM it feels like it reaches a "plateau" and stays there. However, it does not have ANY turbo lag that I could feel. Compared to a tuned N54, it feels somewhat less powerful at least until 4000RPM. Then it begins to pick up a little better but the plateau at 5000RPMs begins. Especially the 3rd and 4th gears are quite tamed, I was expecting an explosion of power like I read but it just wasn't there. According to my butt dyno the M4 was around 20% faster than the M235i I drove a week earlier. And the M4 was surprisingly close to the M235i in suspensiopn and steering feel, but the old M3 just felt much more direct and precise than both the new M4 and M235i.
If you actually read any reviews, the power is distributed pretty evenly, making it more linear. I don't know who said there was an explosion of power? That would be the exact opposite of what BMW was shooting for with the Anti-lag wouldnt it?
Appreciate 0