View Single Post
      11-29-2005, 09:25 AM   #12
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Welcome to the board.

We ordered our E91 on August 15, knowing that production would not begin until after Labor Day (US). Our car was in the first production week and everything went right on schedule. I doubt the wagon makes any difference in production time or scheduling, other than a day here or there if even that.

The aluminum trim issue has been debated here before, and while I'm skeptical about a "shortage", there may be QC issues with it that cause delays (they would much rather say "shortage" than "quality problems"). You might want to reconsider that aluminum trim - it dents and scratches very easily. I won't debate personal taste, but I personally wouldn't want it for that reason alone. If your car is not yet scheduled you could probably make that change through your dealer and get it bumped up.

As far as overall time, it took our E91 almost exactly 8 weeks, just as we were told. Bigger dealers may have some tiny influence (mostly on getting themselves bumped ahead on the production schedule), but I seriously doubt they can make the ship captain push the throttle, etc. Expect 8 weeks from start of production.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0