View Single Post
      11-14-2016, 12:18 PM   #11
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodNIGHT View Post
The only really whacked out thing that i was involved in was when an its mentor signaled to pass right Before T10 and lifted. So I ended up passing on the inside of T10. I was Hoping not to get some kinda Black flag for passing in a non passing area.

Awesome and Interesting review of the car. Seems like the 3er and 2er have the same handling traits. I believe one has to be really smooth with brake/gas inputs not to induce over/and understeer. But LSD, meaty front tires with more camber would be the ticket. Meatier rear tires also good - with dsc off its also easy to fishtail out.
So only 7 car lengths after a 2/3rds mile run down the back straight?? That is pretty good. Add a MPPK and that's down to 5 lengths.

You were breaking at the 150 marker!? Damn. I started breaking a few meters before the 200 marker. Ballsy

You should give the car more credit - COTA has some big boys out there with really wide, sticky tires - and if you're hanging in there with a stock 340i - that has a lot of great things to say about the car. (And Ur driving).
Yah, we heard similar complaints from other run groups about the ITS. We get used to open passing anywhere on track so there were a lot of passes thrown at inappropriate places.

Hell, I threw a pass in the carousel between 17 and 19 and was like "why won't he take it???" Then was like, oh yah, this is blue...

As to the car, don't get me wrong, it's fine. Just totally outclassed in the Instructor or Advanced groups. Most of the hardware there is 2 door true sports cars and the drivers are solid. Hard to run with with 991's, GT3's, GT4's and McLaren's in a 340i - lol
Appreciate 0