View Single Post
      10-26-2021, 01:40 PM   #12
DaveCV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingElectric View Post
Many thanks for taking the time to reply so comprehensively. The main take away for me is to control the charging from the car rather than from the charger so as to make use of features such as battery preconditioning. So with that in mind I guess I could just go for a basic 7kw charging point (I don't have 3 phase), but given the Ohme Home Pro installation is only £499 all in, I don't think I'll find much cheaper anyway, so I'll probably stick with it. The Ohme seems like a decent looking charger aesthetically at least.
In the 7 years that I owned EVs, I have had 2 Rolecs and now a Zappi. The only comment that I make is that the ability to access the various components in an EVSE can be useful. Rolecs, for example, have had some issues with the RCBO and the comms module. Both of these key components are easily changed by any competent electrician. I have no idea how accessible the components in an Ohme Home Pro are? The other thing to think about is technical support. For example, MyEnergi had an issue on Sunday when GMT came a week early. They rolled out a firmware update early yesterday evening.
Appreciate 0