View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 09:11 PM   #9
kbreezc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nboutin2 View Post
So I suckered out and bought the Akrapovic exhaust. Overall, it sounds sexy. Super deep, louder/deeper than any exhaust for the G42 that I’ve heard of/watched yet. I’ll attach a couple videos but for whatever reason, they didn’t capture the true sound of the exhaust. I even did a video outside of the car with some fly-bys and it didn’t sound nearly as good as in person.

For anyone who does install it by themselves, I had my dad help me and we were able to do it using some car ramps. The actual exhaust install was pretty easy. The hardest parts were taking every single bolt, and rivet (I think they’re rivets. They pop out and pop in?) while being under the car in the now cold Minnesota weather lol. The other hard part was the wiring. There is one part that says to take a green and white wire pairs and place it inside the CAN sniffer which sounds easy enough until you see there is 3-4 different green/white wire pairs. We got it all to start up and by default, I believe the valves are open when you start the car up without the sound kit controller/receiver which is a separate product you buy. The TNG controller part did have an “abnormal” light pop up which was flashing green. The instructions talks about having to go to an “Akrapovic dealer” and have them run it on a PC. I emailed Akrapovic to see if there is another option because I’d rather not pay a dealer to run something on their computer that I can just do at home or try some easier quick fixes.

TL;DR I suckered out the $6500 for the slip on exhaust because I’m a dumbass. Was it worth it for me personally? Absolutely. Is it worth $6500 MSRP? Based on other exhausts for BMWs by Akrapovic, it seems a bit high but not completely outrageous in comparison.

If anyone has questions about the install or better sound clips, let me know and I’ll try to help.

Anyone looking to buy, hit up mike@x-ph.com. Quick shipping and was very easy to work with!

https://youtube.com/shorts/MSlXFRr1f_A?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/Wnr_ukMRfog?feature=share
Did you ever find a solution to the blinking green light on the TNG controller? Or ever connect the green and white wire for the 'CAN"? My instructions mention going to their website and using a 'Akratool Diagnostic Utility" but cant find it on there. Thanks
Appreciate 0