06-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Mathys View Post
Forgot to mention. The pulls like mad is normal for stage two. You should be in map one or five and both add about 60 hp and over 100 lb ft of torque at the wheels. That much torque makes a very noticeable difference.

Enjoy.
I sorta heard a slight 'whoosh' when just reving it in neutral, but nothing really pronounced. No difference in exhaust that I could tell.

Is it automatically on map 1? The only place I saw to change maps was under logging. Mine was in map 1, so I left it. I'm hoping that means it will stay there when I'm not hooked up. I expected to have some save settings or something.

I wish I wouldve tried more stage 1 pulls with traction control off. From a slight roll with everything off I get wheel spin in 2nd.

I did a very unscientific 0-60 run (going uphill at the point I hit 40) and got high 4s, like 4.8-5. I did it using my cell in my hand so it's hard to see since the camera was shaking like crazy. Lots of wheelspin at launch at 2k rpm. I don't think I got that much wheelspin at that RPM on stage 1, but it's really tough to tell with my butt dyno how much of a boost stage 2 gives over stage 1 with no mods. I want to say it feels a bit stronger, but it's hard to tell.

Just the fact that I got wheelspin from a roll without brake boosting makes me think it's got a bit more punch to it.

Install was pretty easy. I need to clean it up a bit as I was a bit lazy with running the wires through the existing JB4 cable and they sent me a single wire nut so I had to pull the ole tape of the other one. Did anyone find a way to hide the wires at the CAN tap area? Mine seem to stick out like a sore thumb.
Appreciate 0