View Single Post
      10-07-2023, 06:30 PM   #1
ZPD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i GC, 2023 G87

KG Splitter installed

I installed the KG Splitter along with the Mishimoto skidplate this week.
My thoughts:
  1. The KG Splitter is about as simple as it comes as it is just cut from a sheet of plastic (I am guessing ABS) with a CNC router. I was going for function and not looks and I didn't want to shed any tears if I scrape it (which I did probably right away coming out of my driveway).
  2. The hardware is just SS sheet metal screws intended to screw into the plastic nutserts under the car. I wasn't impressed with this. Luckily the splitter can screw into the four 6mm threaded holes in the mishimoto skidplate. A trip to the hardware store to get some M6x55 panhead screws and I was set. I do like attaching it to the skidplate as it makes it much more rigid.
  3. I wasn't impressed with the outer mount points because it is just the sheet metal screws and a small plastic nut utilizing a hole in the under tray and fender used for a push retainer clips. I used another M6 screw with fender washers and a lock nut here.
  4. The kit comes a few spacers of various heights. These are just a plastic bar that was cut on a chop saw. They are cut at an angle to try to match the angle of the bottom of the car. The angle didn't match my car at all. I will probably remake these down the road.
  5. With all the fasteners still loose, two of the holes still didn't lineup. I had to drill holes about 1/4" away from the original before I tightened everything up.

Anyway the summary is that it is a low cost functional splitter suited for those who might track their car and don't want to worry about taking care of an expensive carbon fiber splitter. If you use it with a skidplate expect to do some extra work.
Here is a pic, sorry about the dirty car.
Attached Images

apez659.00