12-20-2023, 12:41 PM   #108
xps
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
I was makingba sort of comparison to the windshield (in Florida, its covered as a no fault claim). For other damage for riad debris, if making a claim it will most likely fall under collision. If you just make the claim as is, it will show as "your fault" single car accident, worst kind if claim.

I do have direct experience in this...a fewbyears ago, wife was driving a two month old car down a highway in S Florida. A piece of pipe flew off a wirk truck in front of her. She swerved to avoid the direct damage and to not hit the car to her right, she clipped the median curb. Entire fro b t drivers suspension was trashed. Close to $5k in parts and labor to make the repair. We made a claim on our insurance (which we for the following reason no longer use this company), said nothing and just wrote up the claim and paid less our deductible. Next renewal period, whammy! Major premium increase. When I called to complain, the firat this they said was did you get a police report? I said no, why would I have? They said the report to show that it was caused by road debris and not reckless/careless driving. They said without a report, nothing they could do.

Dont know if it is true in your State or other, but road debris is a major problem in Florida so I am sure that had/has something to do with it.

In your case, you dont know the type of debris but should be abke to ascertain the area and just identify it as road debris. Worst case, if it doesnt help with your insurance, it was only some time out of your day to file the report.
Ok, MI is no fault state, and I think it falls under comprehensive coverage from what I have read. I will know if/when I claim insurance.
Appreciate 1
aerobod3718.00