02-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #10
sampelligrino
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm more worried about the pedestrians who act like brainless hens here
Just to double down. Taking delivery of my bad boy on Tuesday, and because it looks like I'll be moving to Seattle for sure now, I am worried that for the money I am spending, I might be better off with a car that has better traction. I hope I don't sound ignorant or negative, just being honest that with this amount of hard earned money and as a newly-married man, I don't want my 2 options this winter back in Seattle being driving like an absolute grandma or risk driving a death trap for my wife and I. This car is a lot of money, and I love mostly everything about it, and if I was staying in Hawaii, I'd have 0 doubts. But because of the wet conditions, I just don't want to spend this much money then have to stress about it. Don't want any stress, we all get enough of that in life anyways.

So are people really being over-sensitive about the traction issues of this car? Since I've never driven the f8x yet, can you guys just drive it without having to stress about it in the wet conditions? I won't be speeding or driving it "hard" in the winter, I just want to be able to drive it regularly without having to be overly conscious of the car and losing traction. And this is with DSC fully on at all times in the winter. I'm most curious to hear from solstice, as I hope to keep the PSS on and not have to deal with multiple tires and/or wheels.

Any and all input is really appreciated before I make a big financial commitment for this beautiful car. Thanks - Sammy

Past: 2005 Land Rover Freelander, 2008 R32, 2005 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2011 GLK 350, 2014 CLA 45 AMG
Appreciate 0