View Single Post
      06-02-2023, 06:56 AM   #15
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Yes, looks to be normal behavior. That is intended behavior.

Installed a trip/data logger last night. But unfortunately the device doesn't work. It is old and the internal battery which powers the clock and critical storage memory has run down. The device connects to the car, and the speed threshold works -- it beeps if I exceed 75mph (the default setting which I left alone for now) -- but when I went to download the data there was none. I won't bore you with a lot of tech-y talk as to why this is the case but right now trip/data logging using this plug in device is not available. (I have 3 of these. One is just dead. The 2nd one I suspect has the same dead battery as the one I tried last night and will act the same.)

Oh, these devices are >15 years old and this is past the battery's expected service life.

Still believing the trip logger would work I hit the freeway and with room to make some hard pulls it was obvious -- glancing at the coolant temperature display on the dash -- the drop in coolant temperature was in response to the hard acceleration and increased heat load that would arise from this.
Appreciate 0