View Single Post
      10-12-2023, 03:19 PM   #14
Littlecoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
It also makes specific reference to the upgrade undoing any coding, retrofits and tuning if not approved by BMW AG or you may experience significant problems or damage after programming of which BMW have no liability.
Does anyone have any experience on this with ID8? For my F22 on ID6, I had a few basic things coded and the dealer wanted to do an update. They warned me about coding and that someone else coded in "other region" parameters which bricked his car and cost him about $1500 to get it up and going again, so I told them to hold out on coding.

I took the F22 in on a separate visit, not to get the software upgrade done, but they did it anyway with my minor coding active - I had no issues.

I have done some basic coding again (remove warning startup screen, seat heating memory, ACC memory (didn't work), and B&W sound profiles). My car is in the verge of doing the update (it's at 85% downloaded). I hope this minor coding has no issue with the update. I'm sure we'd hear of more bricked cars if the issue was widespread with minor coding.
Appreciate 0