vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZMD1991 View Post
You might also ask for disclosure of ALL fees due at signing, as they often add "Document Fee", registration / license fee, or some imaginary fees to boost their bottom line. You don't want to be ready to sign and be surprised.

i've never had a dealer do that to me. if they surprised me with fees on the lease docs, it's getting tore up.
Some play these stupid games and unfortunately waste everyone's time. I can only surmise that it works enough times, however, to continue doing it.

The best way to avoid it is to be informed and detailed. Iron out everything to the penny before heading out to sign and ask the CA (if dealing with them) to ensure they've got agreement from GSM and finance, and they've double checked everything. Tell them upfront you're walking if anything changes. They'd be downright stupid to still pull shenanigans. The biggest risk is doing a remote deal - they can still "make a mistake" once you've arrived but now you've spent the $ and time to travel. Can do your best to try avoiding this, but no guarantees.
Appreciate 0