View Single Post
      05-19-2023, 09:45 PM   #1599
az8823
Private
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidget View Post
Build date estimates mean little until your dealer has an allocation, so I'd start with that. All estimates are just wild guesses until you are in the order bank, and have an allocation with a production number. Allocations for MY23 are scarce and I'd be surprised if they are just sitting on one, so I'm a little sus.

IF you get an allocation with a production number, then BMW (not the dealer) will assign the allocation an estimated build week, and that estimate is pretty trustworthy. Not guaranteed, because supply chain problems are still popping up, but as good as you can probably get.

M3 build wait times are also high, I think, so not sure you could get that appreciably faster.

I can't comment on whether you should get a coupe or sedan, only you can answer that. But M2 rear seats are smaller than both the M3 and M4, not really suitable for adults, so factor that in.

Edit: this is worth a read.
Thanks for the info, the post was def a good read to at least understand the process and I can at least ask better questions to get better answers for what I hope to happen.
Appreciate 1
Squidget3535.00