View Single Post
      07-17-2021, 03:28 PM   #11
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav View Post
Personally I have an F90 M5 and just ordered a G80 xdrive. MSRP is close to what you describe and was considering an M8GC too - the price difference is not that much, about $30k considering the discounts you can still get on an M8.

I felt that after 3 years in the F90 engagement was lacking, except those 2 seconds you can push the car on straights before reaching crazy speeds. I am hoping the G80 can provide some engagement for longer at straights plus turns at lower speeds as a daily driver.

A lot of people think about the price and prestige of one over the other to make decisions but, for a daily, it is not always about that. I want a car that I look forward to driving at any speed and country road.

Having said this, I would certainly look into the 911 if I didn't need back doors and usable back seats. Beyond the 911 I haven't seen anything that I would care for in the M3 to M8 price range for a daily.
A $30K price difference is huge lol. Most people are not cross shopping M8's with M3/M4's. You're talking about a car that at the minimum is 40% more expensive.
Appreciate 0