05-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #7
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3
well, im gonna disagree, i think with an intake+cpu combination (about 500$) you'll have a nice setup similar to the 330i, if not better (assuming some of the real chip experts like AA, customchip, Jim Conforti, etc etc.. put something nice out).. Then with another 500-1000$ you can get a differential fully installed.

After all is said and done I could see you having 330i level of performance if not even more, if the 330i itself has a somewhat restrictive/safe intake system.

Since the car has the same displacement, cams, pistons, etc etc.. I dont see why not. To me its all a question of weather the chiptuners can extract the restrictions from the engine...

of course the 330i comes with so many features as standard, that if you were going to get a fully loaded 325i, then maybee its worth it to go for a 330, but if you want to get a stripped car, get a 325i in my book, you'll get that thing up to speed very easily

Sure, but that's assuming that they can somehow bypass Valvetronic just by re-programming the ECU. Also, the last time I checked with Dinan, you needed an exhaust as well, and altogether that only gave you about 10 percent more hp on an E46 325, if you were lucky.
Appreciate 0