View Single Post
      12-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
Lightngsvt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 M340i

Garage List
Anyone Else Having Issues Waiting?

I have a deposit on a car that went into production at the end of September, it's a HEA spec car the dealer ordered. My 340 lease was up at the end of September so I figured I'd be good with a few-week extension. The was supposed to arrive at the dealer around 11/10.

The car got to Brunswick, GA on 11/9, about a week late. On 11/16 there was a work order opened for what I'm told was due to minor damage and the grille had to be replaced. I'm not thrilled about my car being damaged before I even got it, but it's not a deal-breaker. It's now 12/17 and in a month there has been no change, no updates, and no ETA of when this car might actually leave GA.

I realize these are all small issues in the big picture, but I'm starting to lose my excitement for this car. Has anyone else had similar feelings about their order? My eye is starting to wander... I've found a base model 2021 M3 manual, and, though quite different, a 2021 Porsche Macan that is nicely equipped. Both are on the ground and available, for now. The M240 has a lot more power than the Macan, but a lot less than the M3. The M3 is not cheap! The Macan is more like a tall hatch than an SUV and drives like a Porsche.

I've only got a few weeks before I got into extension month 4 on my 340, you are only allowed 6 months even if you have a new BMW on order. I really just want to make a choice and move on. I have a feeling this post will sound more negative than I intend it to be, I'm just wondering if I'm alone in my situation?
Appreciate 0