12-21-2021, 03:38 AM   #10
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Hahn View Post
Hello Everyone.

Would like to run a theory past the community... This could also be country specific??

Do you think the higher charge rates achieved with the iX3 ie starting with low SOC and being linked to BMW specific HPC chargers like Ionity will give you higher charge rates of over 130kw

I am suspecting that certainly from what I have experienced on HPC chargers here around Vienna, the car is capped at 74kw max on EnBW or Smartrics owned chargers.
Have tried all the measures to see if I can get the charge to charge faster with no effect and caps at 74kw for a short while for charging.
Could it be a software issue where BMW knows when the car links to Ionity and trusts the power source and allows 150kw but any other HPC charger is limited to half the speed?

Would appreciate your input and experiences on chargers other than Ionity chargers
I've used both Ionity and BP Pulse HPC points and experience a cap at 60kWh on both. These HPC's are supposedly linked with BMW as part of their charge programme so should be as compatible as you can get in theory.
Appreciate 0