05-27-2023, 07:02 PM   #109
AlpineBoost
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 Civic Type R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimasis View Post
I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but here we go...

I've watched a lot of reviews about the G87 M2 and I've read pages of reactions on this forum. M2 is not a perfect car and I think people here should be able to take some criticism about their cars. Any reviewer who said anything that wasn't positive about the M2 got called out here and that's ridiculous IMO...they are just stating their opinion and what they want in the car, plus its better to have honest reviews rather than some channels out there who just talk about the positives not to piss anybody off.

That's just my 2 cents to not get mad or defensive about everything.
I see it a little differently and I don't own a G87.

Whether it's a video or in print, most reviews have at least something negative to say and really only a handful have been flamed here. Most of the flaws seem to be subjective... "it's ugly", "less playful", "not what an M2 should be" and so on. It's an objectively better car yet the people that didn't get the new M2 they wanted are having a hard time accepting that they didn't get their way, and that some people prefer it the way it is now.

Reviewers stating their honest opinion is great. They should at least provide accurate specs/info and be as consistent as possible. People here are allowed to give their own opinions on said reviews, otherwise just post the video/article and lock the thread. No need for people to get mad or defensive just because not everyone agrees with their favorite YouTuber.
Appreciate 3
RoidRage1503.50
aerobod3707.50
Squidget3535.00