Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021BMW745e View Post
My spouse has an 840i Grand Coupe and I have the 745e. They are night and day different. The 7 Series is truly the epitome of luxury & comfort. It all just feels right. I can't say it floats along, because the suspension is more competent than that, but it's a beautifully smooth ride. The 840i is truly like a sports sedan I think. Of course it's not as fast as your 850i, but boy is it great to throw it in a curve and accelerate. Just a fab car.

If I could afford to have 2 cars, I'd have a 7 Series & 8 Gran Coupe. If I could afford to have 1 car, it would be the 7 Series. If you are sore from working out, it's so much more comfortable. If you want to haul friends in the backseat, it's infinitely more comfortable in the 7. I prefer luxury, hence the 7, but the 8 is truly fun to drive.

Ultimately, my biggest complaint about the 8 Series is the interior finishings. For the price of these cars, it should have more wood than a 3 Series and it doesn't. It should offer massaging seats, and it doesn't. And there should be more backseat legroom. Still, a great car.

You get used to driving the big car really fast, and I've never had one before.
I have the exact same complaints about the 8, but it is still a great car. Thanks for the feedback.