02-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
jc1654M4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55
I was lowered on rd springs on my e90 with adaptive suspension. Drove on 20s and 18s. In LA. Car wasn't a daily. Total of 17k miles with that setup. Ride quality was whatever, actually rode nice especially with 18s. However, the handling definitely was compromise. I live in the canyons. I immediately noticed a little understeer with that setup. But I don't track my car. For the M4 I'm debating on doing the same because--- fender gap was eliminated and it was fairly cheap. Or getting the passive m suspension and opting for coils later because over time springs wear out your stock shocks much faster than the stock springs.

At the end of the day, I want to be slammed or at the very least have no more then a finger gap all around. Any setup u go, even coils, the car won't handle as good as stock. I don't care what any other garage hero here has to say about that fact. I like how on my e90 I still had the dampening function with the rd springs, so on a really rough surface id put the edc on comfort and u do notice a difference which I liked. U can't do that with the passive suspension. Coils that are "good" are going to run u 2-3k, but I'm def staying away from coils and springs until I read reviews from test dummies.

Originally was going to pass on that adaptive m suspension but I might opt for it again this time around.
Thanks for your input brother. This is def going to be my weekend car and I live in Miami where the roads aren't too bad. Mainly smooth and straight. I am looking for a lowered look I just want to do it properly and not sacrifice too much. I understand a decrease in handling is inevitable but I can live with that. I guess the best thing to do is wait till we see some testing done. [COLOR="DarkRed"][/COLOM
Appreciate 0