View Single Post
      08-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Insureit1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 SBM

I have owned three Volvo's and have found them to be very nice cars. I had a C30 R Design which was a fun little car, and then a 2010 V70 R Design wagon. I currently own a 2014 XC60 R Design. It is a very nice SUV and very European. It is 350HP and it is a surprisingly quick. Does not have the rush of torque the M3 has and I have no idea how the V60 Polestar will compare. I find the fit and finish to be very good. Overall a very nice SUV. I will give you one caution. Volvo's depreciate like a stone thrown into water. Even if you get a great deal be prepared for massive 1st and 2nd yr depreciation. If you are going to keep for a while no problem but if you move out of cars quickly I would lease. I got a loaded XC60 in January of 2014 with $6k off MSRP and best offer for trade in I received (from three different places) when purchasing the M3 was $20k less than my purchase price. Almost 40% depreciation from MSRP. Contrast that to a 2013 Porsche Boxster S that I ended up trading after 13 months which depreciated about 15% over that one year period. I still like the Volvo and plan on keeping it for my kids to drive. And I agree 100% if BMW brought an M3 wagon to the US I would buy it in a second. I considered a MB E63 wagon but at $105k passed.
Appreciate 0