View Single Post
      05-28-2023, 03:57 PM   #19
LCDRJohn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche GT3

I used to be a car-stereo installer back in the day too, and hoped that the HK system would not need to be touched. I feel pretty confident in the feedback of the forum members who are satisfied.

I can't wait for Savagegeese to run his waterfall plots and RTA!

Funny side story: Back in the 1990's, we sold tons of Polk Audio car stereo gear, and installed quite a bit as well. We were in awe of the fact that they tried to engineer just for car applications, and not re-purpose home audio stuff. I even had that famous poster of Matt Polk in his lab coat in our dorm room.. Here is the funny part, I've been racing SCCA for over a decade or so, and at one of the races, some guy shunts me from behind and crashes out my car. He comes over to apologize and he looks sorta familiar. I wind up on his racing team for a while and some other guys said, "hey, I brought my speakers in for him to autograph". I had no idea why so I said, "Why would you want Matt to sign your speakers, he works in aerospace?". He then tells me that he is the founder of Polk Audio. I burst out laughing. I'd been racing with the guy who was in my dorm poster for 4 years and never made the connection..LOL! Small world!
Attached Images

Appreciate 8