08-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Have a look at the various threads on CCB. The consensus seems to be that the CCB rotors will not last much longer than the iron ones with heavy track use.

On my E92, I needed to replace 2 sets of front rotors and 1 set of rears in 6 years of use with 16~20 track days per year. Those 3 sets of rotors cost me $2700 total tax in (that is in CAD). CCB in Canada are $9775 tax in. So even if CCBs would have lasted the life of my E92, irons are still way cheaper .
I am much more interested in seeing actual long-term performance comparisons between CCB and the base steel brakes rather than relying on the "best guesses" from a bunch of forum posters. I'm not saying that there aren't some smart people on this forum, but BMW and other companies have developed CCB's for reasons other than "a cool look."

Plenty of articles have talked about how CCB do offer a longer lifespan and better heat resistance than regular iron rotors. Of course they will cost more $. The real question is by how much will they outlast iron rotors under similar "track" conditions.
Appreciate 0