07-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #13
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by noro View Post
You're missing the point, if I could transplant the N54 into my old E46 330i, that would in my opinion (you know what they say about opinions) be a better car.
then you'd be in the previous body... which by no means is bad...but the e90 series is a new generation.

you want a fast car?

do what the other guy said, get a civic and mod it and there you go.

or if you want a nice(r) fast car, get a RX-7 and drop a Vette engine it in. or take a miata and drop a vette engine in it....
but then you're missing the whole point of driving something new (by new i mean new generation)

but, then again, this is just my opinion :P
i never liked the sedan look toooo much, the coupe/vert yeah, but wasn't a big sedan fan, but I'm like that with most sedans that have coupe/vert variations.

you can also take the m3 engine and drop it into the 335i. i saw a post that said it had been done....

I've also seen a M5 V10 engine in the 335i.... i guess you would call that a 350 then? lol

if you want to make your own car, take the body style you like, buy the engine, and build it... but that takes a lot of effort not just when building the car, but afterwards in taking car of it....
I prefer to just keep it simple :P

i would like to see an e46 with the N54 engine though
Appreciate 0