06-13-2023, 03:55 PM   #109
Blue Hornet
#EmToo
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by npirnia View Post
Quick update:

I took delivery of my M2 on 6/10 and it does allow me to save my driver's assistance settings to my driver profile. Every time I start my car, the lane-keep assist remains off along with the lowest setting for the frontal collision warning. It also allows for things like setting the exhaust to default to loud on start-up even with everything in comfort mode.

However, I think you adjust these features through the BMW profile and not the regular vehicle settings in iDrive 8. The BMW Genius showed me how to do this, but I may not be remembering right. Especially since I'm not out of town for 2 weeks.

But I would try going through the menu that I attached to this post. You set up a driver profile through the "MyBMW" app and it connects to a specific key for the vehicle.

Once that profile is set, the car will bring up the menu in the post whenever you enter the vehicle, but before start-up. Mine shows that some of my driver assistance systems are off. Through this menu (the option just below the assistance warning) you can set-up both driver's assistance features and some M specific features (like exhaust) that links to your driver's profile.

I'd give this a try and see if it works.

I'll mess with it a bit more when I get back. If I can't remember and this doesn't work, I'll call the guy who set things up for me and confirm how it is done.

But the good news is that these systems can be personalized for the M2 like other iDrive 8 BMWs and you don't have to set them up every time you drive.

-Nick
Congrats on the new beast! Great news about the setup and thank you for posting the details. I'm getting mine as soon as this week (at the port, waiting to be put on zee truck) and will make sure the Genius goes through all of this with me.
Appreciate 0