09-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_bro2003 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, there's going to be a new option for the MY09 E9X called smartphone integration. I think will will allow you to charge your phone, etc. I think this is slated for Oct production. From my understanding as well I think it's going to be an accessory that you can purchase after the fact.

Here's a cut and paste from my SA through military sales:

All-new Optional Smartphone Integration

A new Smartphone Integration (6NF) option will be available starting with October 2008 production. Once installed, the option charges the phone, allows access to music stored within the phone, and improves telephone reception by reducing radio wave interference. Smartphone Integration does not take away from the features of the iPod/USB Adapter; meaning that a customer will still have the USB and AUX inputs available. Smartphone Integration requires an accessory snap-in adapter to fully integrate the option into an X5, X6, 1, 3, and 6 Series. Snap-in adapters and phones compatible with this new option will be announced shortly.

That last sentence implies to me, that this should be something that can be purchased at a later time if you don't have this option from the factory. I hope this is so.
Appreciate 0