View Single Post
      09-17-2023, 12:39 PM   #3
Rate-of-Twist
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F900Xr, Volvo XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumachu View Post
The M2 and lots of M cars are not usually just sit in the lot of purchase.
The M2 right now has somehow of a waiting line but it is getting shorter.
My friend and I wait both waited for about 2 month after putting down deposit to get our allocation. And now we are waiting for another month or two for the cars to be made and shipped.

I had a dealer told me half a year ago that they do 10k over MSRP for the pre-order so I laughed and ignored them.

Sudbury (MA) BMW does not have a mark up for the pre-order for me.
The only way to not wait is for someone to not take they delivery after pre-ordering. I was lucky enough to test drive the G87 back in April when someone somehow didn't take delivery. The car was sold the day after.

So to set expectation, I think you should be expecting some wait time and paying MSRP but not over.
No problem with a wait at all. Not expecting until 2024 or whenever. More interesting n a dealer that doesn’t completely suck (the dealer in central mass was a complete joke) Also looking for MSRP and as little “deposit” as possible. Ultimately the amount of the deposit isnt that important, as I’m putting cash down either way, but I would prefer my cash be in my hands and not the dealers for the privilege of getting in line for a car they are going to order anyway. $5k can be earning me at a minimum 5% sitting in a savings account.

I will reach out to the dealer in Subury, thank you.
Appreciate 0