#EmToo
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Blue Hornet

Thank you!

I'll try to address your questions one by one;

1) It appears that although you can adjust the sensitivity of nannies which locks in, you do need to disable them each time. I tried this today by disabling "steering intervention," but when I restarted the car, "steering intervention" was re-enabled.

That being said, in iDrive 8 in this car, if you press the "M-Mode" button and select "sport (or track)," most of the nannies are disabled. So that's a short cut to take them all out, and, I run with "sport" mode most of the time. It appears some reviewers are confused as to what this button does, but it only addresses the displays, it doesn't not change M modes or anything like that.

In fact, that's one of our biggest complaints about this system, there is no way to tied this display button, and thus the nannies, to the M1 and M2 buttons. That's a huge miss IMO. I want to tie this functionality to my M buttons.

2) Start/Stop stays off when you disable it, and it can be configured in the M1 and M2 buttons.

3) There isn't much to do with exhaust settings. It changes with whatever mode the engine is in (comfort, sport, sport+), and there's an exhaust button on the center console that appears to turn on/off "M sound." I never touch that button for anything. I wish I could make it simply open and close the exhaust valves, but nah.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the details Justin. I guess I'll just need to deal with these first world problems, but it's surprising they would set up an M car like this....
Appreciate 1
JustinHEMI7449.50