MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle House Thomas View Post
I had dinner with the chief chassis engineer twice and picked his brain as much as I could. However other outlets (because of differing levels of production value) had more time during the day to pick their brains. We had to get out there and film. HOWEVER, regardless of what any engineer says, We trust what we feel when driving a car. So YES, I am saying that there is no grunt south of 3.5k in the manual. Watch our video at this time stamp, this is second gear. https://youtu.be/5uT4s_NWBN0?t=248

You can hear the foot click down full on the throttle. Pretty much nothing happens for several seconds. Yes I am aware that the engine is outside of the boost threshold, but with that gearset, the car felt neutered at low revs in any gear pretty much, whereas other cars, (competitors or old M2s), do not. What this means in reality, is that on a tight twisty road, you actually have to downshift to first gear FREQUENTLY, if you want to really play around with the car. It didn't feel right.

Dear Throttle House Thomas and @JamesThrottle

At last, welcome to our zany corner of the Universe where BimmerPost contribution is encouraged (but be sure to wear protective gear, for not all of us are always as calm as we would like to be)

Thank you for your contribution to motoring entertainment

Don't be a stranger in future 🙏
F87EVO4056.50
eddj464.50