04-07-2024, 07:02 AM   #29
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
My driving behavior is very similar to what you are saying. I still haven't floored it from a stop in 1st gear but have floored it once I was moving along. Just trying to understand this car. Back in my older manual car days I would rely on engine noise and/or mph for my shift trigger point. I will do some more shift light exploration with the driving modes.
Drove my car yesterday on some country roads. Nothing crazy. But I did put it into Sport mode.

I had a chance to open the car up towards the end of my drive when I was getting on the freeway.

Ran the RPMs up while short of the rev limit up to at least in the very high 6000 RPMs range, and high enough I have seen the shift lights on the dash appear, and never saw any shift lights on the dash! This is contrary to what I have seen with the car in Efficient mode.

I didn't have a chance to experiment any more. Can't believe I have to enable shift lights in Sport mode.

Oh wait. Just checked the owners manual. In Sport Mode apparently the HUD is where the shift lights are displayed. Not on the dash! I wasn't looking at the HUD. To have the shift lights appear on the dash I have to disable the HUD.
Appreciate 2
JMcLellan2111.00
xtougher607.00