08-04-2022, 03:25 PM   #14
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
I have a feeling it's going to be a while before we see an M Performance muffler for the 240. I hope I'm wrong though.
It's available now from paddleshifterz.com - freight was the only thing that stopped me buying now.
Also our regional M Performance Dealer (Southern BM) said he could get one delivered in September.

In Australia freight import costs are insane, the local price of an mpe is over $4000 AUD . Freight from Germany was more than the cost of the exhaust (around $3,000 AUD)

The only other system I'd consider is an akra which is not done yet and prices are off the planet for those generally.

Building one of these to use as a daily driver is really hard and not really achievable without all the right software to calculate chamber sizes and noise cancellation. When you look at people who've done it at a custom shop none admit being really happy with the outcome.
The last thing you want is drone and vibration and a worse sound than it has now for the sake of just being loud.

You have two really good exhaust design business I know of in USA, Borla and Corsa who are really good with noise cancellation and getting sound right. Bora's Corvette C8 system is a great example

Hopefully these guys might come up with an alternative
Appreciate 0